web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hello all, I am new to this tech board. I have a customer who has a Coral IPx 500 with a T1. There are 3 analog lines run through the system. Something has happened to the fax lines after a system power cycle. There is dial tone at the 3 fax machines. You can clip on with a butt set and make and receive calls. Tadiran tech support had us change out the 8SLS card and when that did not work they had us change out the 8DRCM chip. The customer can receive faxes but can not send at all. When you dial the fax number it sounds like it is dialing but then nothing happens. No noise, nothing at all. Same at all three fax machines.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

I assume you have plugged a 2500 set in where the fax machine is a tried to make a call? I would also check to see if the fax machine line cords are plugged into the proper LINE port on them and not EXT. Check DP vs DTMF on fax and card. Do they dial 9 of some other number to get outside? Are these cards being used in a power fail mode through a 4T card and if so properly hooked up.

Yes to all. The strange thing is that everything was working just fine until we re-booted the system.

I would take the Analog lines out of the system and go directly to the fax machines with them.. If they can send and receive the faxes, that rules out the lines all together. If the problem still exists in the system, I would have Tadiran send you a new backplane.

Try and go into DTDB and see if the T1 is set to primary sync and that it is doing so. Also, look at DIDBG under status to see if it's taking hits.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (metelcom), 465 guests, and 370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024