web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
We went on vacation for a week and the alarm system was working fine. Our system normally has the "beep beep beep" each time a door or window is opened when it isn't activated. Today when we came home, the "beep beep beep" isn't working, nor do any of the keypads light up with the sensor being activated. Is this a back-up battery problem or do you think the system could have been struck by lightening??? I tried to activate the alarm system from the keypad and it doesn't even register that I hit any of the keys. Normally the keypads will accept entries. We bought the house about two years ago and have never had a problem. The house does not have evidence of being entered nor any of our belongings being taken. Thank you for any light you can shed on this for me!!!!

--------------------
Mickey

Mickey
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
It sounds like your system is pooched. You could try cycling the power, but you likely need a new panel. Even if your backup battery was low it wouldn't cause the problem you describe. Normally DSC systems (with the exception of the 4000) respond to keypresses immediately.

I don't think they sell the PC3000 anymore - you'd probably have to upgrade to a PC5010 w/ an 8 zone expander.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Does the keypad have any lights or any other indication that the panel is getting power?

To me, it sounds like your panel may have a blown fuse or a circuit breaker is tripped. I would say
call your alarm service company right away for a service call.

Oringinally posted by TexasTechnician:
Does the keypad have any lights or any other indication that the panel is getting power?
If the answer to that is no, check for AC power. The system uses a 16 volt AC transformer. It will either be a mounted "door bell" style or a plug in wall wart. It is normally located close to the main "brain" unit perhaps by the electrical panel. I'm thinking either power to that circuit is off or a bad transformer causing the back-up battery to die. That's where I would start and then move on to the fuses on the circuit board.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,366
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 210 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024