Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#469712 08/06/10 05:41 AM
I have a customer that when you call in and voice mail picks up it takes forever for the call to disconnect. I've looked in system integration, but is there any other section that I might need to look at?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#469713 08/06/10 11:26 AM
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
CO disconnect is programmed primarily in the Class 1 setting for the trunks. The word 'DIS' will show up for a trunk programmed for disconnect protection. The KSU has to detect the disconnect before it can send the signal to the voice mail.

This is assuming the CO is SENDING the disconnect signal.

An easy test is to call in, answer the phone and pull the bridge clip for the trunk. If the light on the phone's line button goes out right away, the KSU is detecting disconnect.

To test whether the phone company is sending the signal ,call someone using one of the system's lines. Tell whomever you call that, once YOU put them on hold, to count to ten and hang up. Once you put them on hold, count to ten and watch the line button. If the the light takes longer than a ten count to go out, like say a count of 30, you're not getting disconnect from the phone company and will have to get them to turn it on.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
#469714 08/26/10 11:45 AM
What happens a lot is, the customer gets a phone system, but doesn't tell the phone company. In my area, if you do not tell the phone company there is a switch onsite, they don't turn on disconnect supervision.

#469715 08/27/10 02:07 AM
In my area, even if you tell the phone company you are installing a phone system, it's hit or miss on getting disconnect supervision! Many times it comes down to finding someone that even KNOWS what I'm talking about. *sigh*

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

#469716 08/30/10 05:19 AM
This is an issue I deal with a LOT! I've had Verizon insist they had disconnect on, and not, many times. Once I went out to a school 4 times, each time Verizon told the school they had turned it on, but, each time I found they had not. Not sure if I can say the name on this thread, but, a popular telecom tools dealer online sells a dsconnect tester which comes in handy to prove to clients that the disconnect is not there. Having the client threaten the phone company with sending them the bill for service calls often speeds things up.

Iwatsu claims the 4TRAN Card won't help, but, I've made a habit of installing it in schools, and gotten rid of that problem. It's not that expensive, and monitors for silence to drop calls more efficiently.

Chris

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Si-14 LLC, Toner, justbill), 166 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024