Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#468841 03/09/08 06:19 PM
Hey everyone, I have a customer that has decided to move to a channelised T1 to replace their analog lines and dsl modem. there are 14 channels of voice and the rest data (not really relevant about the data I guess but might be worth mentioning) anyway, after installing the DTI-T card into the ecs and doing the config I needed to, I plugged in the T1 then attempted to make a call I got a short burst of Dial Tone then the channel dropped. all 14 channels do the exact same thing. I am not using a reciver card because they are not getting any advanced features across the pipe....just Dial Tone So the trunk config is Standard CO - X - DIS but I cannot get it to work.......The telco has been out and tested the line and can make and recive calls from their equipment but the minute that it gets hooked to the ECS the call drops after a few seconds.....not knowing what was going on the telco sugested turning on raw bit signaling on the line and after they did that we got a steady Dial tone!........ for about 3 hours then it went back to the same thing..... the on site tech wasent sure that the switch tech knew what he was doing when he made the changes on that side for the raw bit (which it turns out he dident) so he got another guy to check it. after the other switch tech made the changes it worked again for about the same amount of time.......the telco is at a loss, I am as well. After thinking about it some, I started to wonder about clocking on the line. I asked Iwatsu about this and they said they have seen instances where the ECS needs to provide the clock for the line and the telco needs to be slave. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What happens when you dial the access number for the channel? Are you able to make an outgoing call?

When we have a T-1 we use the receiver card, but if you have talked directly with Iwatsu you must feel comfortable that you do not need it. There are also DTMF boards that are attached if I am not mistaken.

Are you using a CSU/DSU?

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago!!! www.wiilcom.com
If I dial the access number for the channel I get the same result short burst of dialtone then the channel drops.

I was leary of installing the T1 card without the reciver card as well when the salesman sold it like that but support ensured me that if we are not processing any kind of digits then we dont need the Reciver card.

Yes there is an adtran 950 on site which I have eliminated from the mix and plugged directly into the smartjack from the telco and got the same result.

I talked to support again this morning and they told me the same thing that I already know, that it should just work. all the dip switch settings are correct, the framing is correct, everything as far as the card goes is Correct so now im in this tennis match between the Telco and Iwatsu IE.. its their problem, no its their problem back and forth untill my head feels like its gonna explode!!!!!!!!!

What carrier is it? Sounds like they have it set for PRI or E&M. Get the cut sheet from the carrier and confirm what they are sending, then have them confirm that is how the channelbank is passing it to you. Can you receive calls on it. Put a T-Berd on it and confirm what they are sending before and after channel bank....

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
PM Sent

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
the Carrier is a regional carrier around here called fibernet. I have confirmed all of their settings on their side and it is set for a standard loop start line. they have come out with a t-berd and was able to make and recive calls across the circuit,but yet I cannot make or recive calls on any channel. still just absolutly flabergasted at this.........

Definately the T-1 is wired correctly where the circuit "come up" in the adix (red alarm light goes out on card)? Reconfirm the database config for system, program a direct trunk access number and make sure it is not an optimized routing issue... Where you onsite when they plugged T-Berd in and saw how it was configured or just them telling you..You may want to install your own channel bank just for testing purposes if you don't have a T-Berd.....

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Si-14 LLC, Toner, justbill), 166 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024