Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#451775 02/17/09 08:35 AM
All pairs should come onto the block and be cut down like your white/orange pair. Never like the v/bl on the left which comes in through one slot then goes up and down.

Nothing should be run vertically between rows in the block like you have connecting 1&3, 2&4. Jumpers should be run out, looped, then down to the next row.

Take it all off and redo it. Lets see what you can do this time.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#451776 02/17/09 09:32 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
It's a split block, if by split block left and right side are separate. I had to take it apart to confirm.
no need to take it apart just wiggle one side and see if it wiggles all the way across or just two pins

or a split block will have two pins facing one way and two the other
if not split you get three pins facing one direction and one facing opposite

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#451777 02/17/09 12:01 PM
Originally posted by mental ambiguity:
It's a split block, if by split block left and right side are separate. I had to take it apart to confirm.
It looks like when you put it back together you put the pins in the wrong way. They should be situated so you can run the wire in the side and loop it around the hook, two per side, hook facing in.

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
#451778 02/17/09 12:54 PM
Skip, I did wiggle, and suspected it to be split block. I wanted to take it apart anyway and look. I'm one of those guys who loved to take his toys apart as a kid (putting 'em back together sometimes was a different story).

1864, See the pictures below. That's how they were!

Hal, Round two! I'm hoping I understood what you were saying. It's been a long day, so even reading English is like trying to read Japanese at the moment. smile

[Linked Image from blackmonktech.com]

Thanks for all the feedback gang! Believe me, it's truly appreciated, and I am thoroughly enjoying learning from everyone! smile

Complete noob.
#451779 02/17/09 01:15 PM
From the bottom! Always bring your wire up from the bottom of the clip and cut on the top, not from the top down.

I would leave my loops on the right longer so you can see where they go by pulling on them.

Your feed should have it's jacket stripped way back and if you aren't going to cut down the unused pairs wrap them back around the jacket for about an inch.

And that is a weird block. The two left clips should have the hooks going left, the right clips both should be going right.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#451780 02/17/09 01:20 PM
That block looks like it was part of a BEP assembly
It's also marked "Marconi" :shrug:
-------------------
MrG

#451781 02/17/09 01:21 PM
Gotcha. So when punching things down, the wire needs to come from bottom, not top. I'll redo that tomorrow.

Loops a little longer. That makes sense.

Feed jacket, makes sense. I cut down the unused pair in there, but didn't think about stripping the jack way back. Definitely will correct it tomorrow.

And no arguments on the block being weird. Getting the wires in the clips is already difficult enough with my mammoth talons...even more difficult with the way they hook.

Overall, it seems I'm much closer. That's a good thing! smile Thanks!

Complete noob.
#451782 02/17/09 01:32 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
My guess on the orientation of the clips would have been the same: Improper reassembly. Now that I look at it, it does appear to have been a part of a BEP. Did the block have wire-wrap pins coming out of the back originally, Noob?

The block shown is now manufactured by Emerson Network Power, who bought Marconi, who bought Reltec, a unit of Reliance Electric who was the new name for Reliable Electric. Modern day telecommunications product manufacturer name roulette, huh?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#451783 02/17/09 01:36 PM
By the way, forget what I said about from the bottom. You have it correct and I must have been standing on my head, or those center rows threw me. :bang:

Ed, I think if it were part of a BEP they all would be going the same way and all clips would be separate (with wire wrap tails on the back). If that is a split block you couldn't turn each pair around. So maybe it is from a BEP and he turned the individual clips in the center around?

So how about it, for each row are the clips on the left tied together and the clips on the right tied together?

-Hal

#451784 02/17/09 01:37 PM
Originally posted by EV607797:
My guess on the orientation of the clips would have been the same: Improper reassembly. Now that I look at it, it does appear to have been a part of a BEP. Did the block have wire-wrap pins coming out of the back originally, Noob?

The block shown is now manufactured by Emerson Network Power, who bought Marconi, who bought Reltec, a unit of Reliance Electric who was the new name for Reliable Electric. Modern day telecommunications product manufacturer name roulette, huh?
Nope, no wire wrap pins. Basically what you see is how I grabbed it. In the post I made the other day in here (What am I seeing? I think that was the title of the thread.), it's that little block off to the left with the three jacks hooked up to it.

Complete noob.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (metelcom), 450 guests, and 354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024