Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
"Lets say... hypothetically speaking I have a norstar 6x16" well hypothetically you should never skip pairs but if this is in ref to what pins the exts are on it should only be the first 16 but lets say its a cics or mics then yes you will need to skip pins according to what you need C.O. lines run in pairs and skip in pairs thats why they suggested you punch the wiring from the stations down on a new block and use cross connect oh and 66 is the only way I go when installing unless they spec otherwise (there is no school like the old school)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I must agree that I like the 110 as well. The labeling alone makes it worthwhile. Just a quick question though...don't you hate when buisness try to take the voice cables to a patchpanel? They think it will be eaiser to maintain, it just turns into a pain in the neck!

Krone patch pannels have to be the worst. I find that 110 is far better than krone. Bix is ok and has some good advantages. But, krone when you have gravity against you the wires just don't like to stay put buy hand until you get to puching them down. One 110 you can press fit them by hand and then go back and puch them down. Krone on the other hand tends to fall out if you accidently hit the wires.

Another vendor to keep in mind is Anixter, they are nation wide. They have never let me down. 1-800-482-1328 ask for Dave Lanstra

KLD..FINIALLY someone that understands large switch cabling here. 66 is the way to go. I had a cabling guy the other day in a meeting try and tell be patch panels are better...I had to laugh and prompty made him look small. First the damn space that's needed and then god forbid you need to add a phone to that location you have to pull another cable or butcher the patch panels..or make some assinine hydra cable. 110 is ok...but in large switch rooms it becomes a large hairball.

Off soapbox...

KLD Offline
And believe it or not there are places that can furnish free standing racking / CO type frames set up for 66 blocks. Try Homoco and whoever bought out Chatsworth. We used the Homoco for the multi cabinet Nortel 81 and DMS 10s.

And a BIX SOC box (OSP cabinet) after even two years is worthless unless you're being paid to rehab it!!!

Who wants the soap box?--------

[This message has been edited by KLD (edited June 22, 2005).]

Ken
---------
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Bought out Chatsworth? Where have I been? (perhaps under that soap box y'all keep mentioning)

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

KLD Offline
Yeah, Five, a few years ago I went to order some racks and was told someone on the east coast had bought them ---- they still had the name at that time. Don't know who but that was about the time I got out of the cable chase and got into the management side of the business.

If the name is still around, I hope the equipment was as good as before.

The soap box has a lot of room under it BUT for us die hards to specified and dedicated wiring that works there's never enough room on top to pass around.

Your turn ---- your box. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Ken
---------
Their website still says they are an employee-owned company.

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

KLD Offline
Yeah, when I was in CA for NASA contracts I moonlighted with an outfit that did their telecom --- in Chatsworth. They also made wheels, brackets, about anything aluminum.
Did they show a east coast HQ?

Ken
---------
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (metelcom), 450 guests, and 354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024