Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
That was me who said that. What you are proposing should be fine.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

i would just like to say thank you again to all that posted on this topic. This is a great site i have had nothing but GREAT information from all members. If there is ever anything i can do to help any of you please feel free to call are email. i also try my best to provide helpful information in the toshiba thread. THANKS AND GOD BLESS

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by cix noob:
... i also try my best to provide helpful information in the toshiba thread. THANKS AND GOD BLESS
That's all we ask. smile

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
of course if the insurance co. is not smart enough to realize that 4' of water on electronic componets will damage it beyond repair god help us all.

I would also just add to make sure you get paid when you put in the equipment. Do not wait until the insurance company pays the customer. What happens if they don't pay. Get your money at installation. Good luck.

Jim

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Exellent advice, Jim. I've been down that road before. The customer tells us to "bill the insurance company", gives us the claim number, agent's name, all of the above. We then find out two months later that the customer got a check written on the spot for the claim. We now become an account receivable of the customer after they have already spent the money. All of this while our customer just bought a new car.

Flood/fire damage claims are one thing, since they are hard to dispute. It is the lightning damage jokers with two-line phones who claim that they had a $35K PBX who really screw the system. The adjusters are ambushed with claims, so they just write checks without much investigation.

Izkuliq goes out and buys everything he ever wanted and then stiffs us for the $300.00 replacement cost of his 2-line phones.

Never, ever do an insurance repair/replacement without getting paid on the spot..EVER.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
KLD Offline
Not only do I agree with all the above, I make sure that the customer knows, in writing, that he pays, I install, and then it is between him and the insurance...not my problem.

Yes, I write letters to the customer...how he uses it is his business. Do I get calls from jr. adjusters who must still be in high school? Do they understand? No. It ain't a computer...proprietary equipment means just that.

My 2 cents. aok

Ken
---------
Yeah we had a good customer had a fire burned up the merlin classic, we gave them temp. service on 25oo sets; while they decided about a new system, got paid for that. Then came time for the new system hem and haw; how much? add this in.Finally went with a DX80 then bill and bill and bill, "you know since the fire lots of outlay nothing from ins. co. yet ect" Big BS job. then guess what the new location with the DX80 burned out again. this time it was we will install for this much check due on compeletion.
Still a good customer though.

I'm confused by that post, Jim. Would you mind clarifying?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
"I have never been asked to fill out any affidavits, my reports have always been sufficient as an authorized dealer and legitimate business."

I've been an authorized dealer more than once over the years and I run a legitimate business but many of the insurers I've dealt with still wanted a signed affidavit for their records.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (metelcom), 432 guests, and 494 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024