Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
So I've been installing 824 systems and 100 systems for a while now. Typically we don't do anything nuts and my supplier just installs everything in my cabinet for me when I email him what I need... its time to put a system in my office and we're gonna do it the right way. Heres the scenario:

Office has 6 CO's and 12 Extensions. My boss will have a system at his house connected to our office. He has 2 CO's and Unknown extensions at this time. He'd like to be able to have Lines 1-2 on his phone be his own, and 3-8 be the company lines. He'd like to be able to talk to us from his office by dialing our direct extensions, vice versa. We also have a few sales guys who'd like to have phones at their homes. We are not going to put VoIP phones throughout our office, the phones themselves cost a little too much to go with a dozen VoIP phones rather then a dozen standard digital phones. Nothing to complex right? So heres what im thinking will do the job. Please let me know if im missing something or if i've defined something wrong. I may/may not be acurate on my definitions of what each card is for:

OFFICE
------
KX-TDA100 (Hybrid IP-PBX System)
-This is the phone system itself, duh

KX-TDA0180 (8-Port Analog Trunk Card)
-This is what we plug our actual POTS lines into... we'd wire this to a 66 block

KX-TDA0193 (8-Port Caller ID Card)
-Kinda self explanatory, caller-id for the phone lines

KX-TDA0172 (16-Port Digital Extension Card)
-This is what our phones in the office plug in to, they give us our extensions.

KX-TDA0470 (16-Channel VoIP Extension Card)
-This connects to our network... allows us to either connect IP phones directly to our network, or, over the internet (either via a VPN or some firewall settings)

KX-TDA0480 (4-Channel VoIP Gateway Card)
-This card allows us to connect another phone system in another location to our existing system (in our case, it allows our office phone system to communicate to Boss's Home and allows his home system to be an expansion of our existing system)

My boss would have the same setup as his home, except he would not have a 16-channel VoIP card, he has no use for that.

So am i right here with my recomendations/configurations??? Or am I missing something or confusing something?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
it is right for what you want to do.
the IP phones will need a propper VPN set up and good bandwith at the office side if you want to support multi- voip calls plus gateway card to bosses house which will also require a VPN.

you could use the tda 30 in your boss house.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Well the home is a showcase house. We would go with a small system normally but being its a demo house, we're gonna go with a business-class sytem, a TDA100. His whole house is based on home automation to the likes you've only see in houses like Bill Gates. RFID tags that control various things, voice control, i mean his pool has an IP address (no joke it does).

We'll have two netgear vpn routers setup (high end ones) at the office and his house for VPN. Then for our employees... well im one of them, a tech guy, VPN is easy for me, for the other sales guy, we'll figure something out. Either way high-speed internet for everybody, max of maybe 4 VoIP users plus the boss's TDA system.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
sounds very nice. dont need to tell you to watch the up stream speed for VOIP then.
Your shopping list looks fine to me for the telephone systems.
the tda 30 is the same as the 100 except smaller max 12 co and 20 digital( 40 digital if you use dxdp) and 4 slts,( in this country anyway)

when setting up the gateway, set the office and the house to different ext number ranges i.e office 101-112 and house 201-212 for the routing table

Yeah I plan to. We'd be 10x and the boss's house would be 20x. So heres my final list I sent in for a quote on... is that the right kinda cordless phone for our system? I get confused cause in the installation manual it kept talking about other cards/etc... so that confused me:

OFFICE

1- KX-TDA100 Hybrid IP-PBX System
1- KX-TDA0103 L-Type Power Supply Unit (PSU-L)
1- KX-TVA200 Voice Processing System
1- KX-TDA0180 8-Port Analog Trunk Card (LCOT8)
1- KX-TDA0193 8-Port Caller ID Card (CID8)
1- KX-TDA0172 16-Port Digital Extension Card (DLC16)
1- KX-TDA0470 16-Channel VoIP Extension Card (IP-EXT16)
1- KX-TDA0480 4-Channel VoIP Gateway Card (IP-GW4)
1- KX-TDA0161 4-Port Doorphone Card (DPH4)
1- KX-TDA0143 4 Cell Station Interface Card (CSIF4)
14- KX-T7633-B 24 Button, 3-Line Backlit LCD Phone
1- KX-T7649-B Digital DSS Console
1- KX-TD7680 2.4 GHz Multi-Cell Wireless Phone
1- KX-NT265-B IP Telephone, 1-Line Backlit LCD

HOUSE

1- KX-TDA100 Hybrid IP-PBX System
1- KX-TDA0103 L-Type Power Supply Unit (PSU-L)
1- KX-TDA0180 8-Port Analog Trunk Card (LCOT8)
1- KX-TDA0193 8-Port Caller ID Card (CID8)
1- KX-TDA0172 16-Port Digital Extension Card (DLC16)
1- KX-TDA0480 4-Channel VoIP Gateway Card (IP-GW4)
1- KX-TDA0143 4 Cell Station Interface Card (CSIF4)
6- KX-T7633-B 24 Button, 3-Line Backlit LCD Phone
1- KX-TD7680 2.4 GHz Multi-Cell Wireless Phone

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you did not list a opb3 option card for the door phone card
also you dont have cells listed for cordless phones

the cordless look ok we dont have them here we use the kxt ca 256, kxt-ca 155, kxt-ca 355

Also don't forget the Echo Cancellation Card.

You guys must have money to burn. You're putting in a 16 port IP extension card for 1 IP phone and the low end phone at that? I also agree with OBT, the TDA50 would easily work for the house, showcase home or not. It gives you everything the TDA100 has in a smaller package.
Please note that you can't put a large power supply in a TDA100. It's either the small or the medium. I also think the TVA200 is overkill for this set up. You'd save a bundle using the TVA50. If you're using "high end" vpn routers and you have your Qos settings, you shouldn't need the echo cancellation card.

The L-Type power supply is the smaller power supply.

The TVA200 was overkill, we're gonna go with a TVA50 with a 2 port expansion card.

We've also decided to hold off on the 16-Channel VoIP phone. For the price, it did not pay to have it.

What about an OPB3 door phone card? Ohh im reading now, I need that in order to mount the door phone card, okay i'll add that to my list.

Also the echo cancellation card? Whats that for. We never do conference calls with more then 3 people.

Whatcha mean by cells listed for cordless phones? Thats where I get confused. We just want a simple cordless phone (one for office and one for my boss's house). It was confusing.

And we were curious about the TDA50, we figured we'd go with a TDA100 because for the price it was only a little more... but maybe a TDA50 is fine for him at home? Not sure yet exactly.

Also, the router my boss has is the NETGEAR FVX538, which we'd put in our office as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,368
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
teleco 5
R4+Z 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024