Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Admin
Admin
Archive a copy of your database as a .dbr file and email it to me with some contact info. Either Jim or myself will look into your issue but somebody on site is going to have to be our eyes.

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've been out sick. But yesterday the tech said Vertical is going to send ANOTHER VM box. This one will not only replace the machine, but all of the cards as well.
If I am well enough to go to work tomorrow, I'll check into the .dbr file. Thanks guys

I'm very hopeful that the problem has been solved. They did not send another VM. The tech sent a certain log file to Vertical, which showed the station card was bad. Replaced that and I have not dropped a call. *knock on wood*
We'll let it run for a few days and see what happens...

So far so good!
Now I get to nit-pick a little about smaller problems. For instance, why does the caller ID not show up until after you've answered a call? When a call comes in, it says VM 3 calling (or one of the other 11 Voicemail lines). I understand that the call is being transferred via the VM, but it would be very nice to see who is calling before answering.

Admin
Admin
CID will only show on a ringing set. If your set does not ring the CID will not display until the call is answered.

[Linked Image]
Sounds as if the vmail answers the incoming call and then does a supervised transfer instead of a blind transfer to the extension.

RBF - the reason I ask is because sometimes the caller ID comes up before I answer. At least it did sometimes with the old VM box, but it was hit or miss.

Is that something I can change in the voicemail? If I recall correctly, all mailboxes were setup with blind transfer. Although that could have changed with this new VM box. I'll look.

Just to confirm, I just got a call where the caller ID showed up before I answered. Why does that happen on some calls and not on others?

Admin
Admin
Blind transfer is not on by default. Unless it was changed that could be your issue. Log into the voice mail and check your mailbox parameters.

[Linked Image]
It was set to 'wait for answer'. I changed it to blind and it works. Is there an easy way to change all of the mailboxes at once?

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
teleco 5
R4+Z 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 208 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024